Tuesday, June 23, 2026

The Ghost of Tsu.. Nonsan 6/26/2026

 Happy Father's day to all the goats out there! Especially you, Pop.


I was in bed the other night and was curious where my comp was, because it was about 10:45, so I left the room to see if I could find him. I found him studying something at his desk in the super faint light of his alarm clock. Now, I wouldn't say I was trying to scare him, but I absolutely did walk up to him quietly so that that was an option if I so pleased. As luck would have it, I didn't need to choose! He stood up to go to bed right then and turned around to see a glowing white guy in the pale light of his alarm clock right next to him. He did the most blood-curdling scream I have ever heard in my life and jumped so high he could have hit his head on the ceiling. Unironically the funniest moment of my entire mission. I couldn't go to bed for about an hour cause I kept laughing. 

We met a guy from Nepal, and bro was STANKY, let me tell you. Heaven's to thank it was an outdoor apointment, but still, everytime the wind blew my way... 하나님의 곁으로 갈 뻔했어요. Anyways, his favorite hobby is photography, so he showed us a bunch of his photos, and like, some of them were aight, but almost all were unbelievable mid. I showed him one of my photos I took from Idaho and bro said I either AI-ed that joint or "edited it heavily" until I proved to him it was original because I have a bunch of photos from the same day that look exactly the same to each other. Once that was settled he proceeded to explain how America faked the moon landings because quote, "cameras weren't invented yet." As if cameras weren't invented well over a hundred years before the moon lndings. Just for the sake of the argument, let's grant that there were no cameras back then... don't you think people would have realized that they were somehow getting footage from the moon?? I genuinely could not cobble together his argument, you cannot make this stuff up. God gives his hardest battles to his strongest soldiers.

Bashed a pastor who told me Joseph Smith was "of the Devil and a liar" who admittedly had never read a page of the book of mormon in his entire life, so I just read him two banger verses from the BoM about Jesus and he stopped talking completely. Have not heard from him since.

Did an awesome exchange with the AP's. Elder Fisher and I talked to literally everyone we saw. I ran after a lady who had just got in her car and gave her a book of mormon through the window, and also ended up praying for her sick cat.... We also did our companionship study in front of a helicopter, so that was tuff.

Monsoon season decided to start precisely when Elder Fisher and I were finding on foot about 3 miles away from my house... We got caught lacking and didn't have umbrellas. There goes my Book of Mormon... 

Our friend Sarah came to church and has read all the way to 2nd Nephi!! She is going through the book with serious attention to detail and is finding every single little leaning she can, super impressive.

Spiritual Thought: Our motivation to serve God and be obedient to Him has to be because of our love for Him. If it's for any other reason, our motivation will dissappear the second our environment changes. This is something I've been working on my whole mission because my behavior sometimes changes completely depending in my companion at the time. Live for your love of God, and His love for you.

Love you guys! 

Current Weight: 188.9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Erm 혹시 8/2/2026

  Not gonna lie we haven't really had any success here in Nonsan really at all. We've been walking 3+ hours a day in 105° heat with ...