Not gonna lie, my biggest complaint about koreans is that they are cooooooked out of their brains. You thought your 7 year old cousin was bad??? Nah! In church yesterday I joined the youth class to try to get them a little more engaged in the discussions. The branch pres asked a question, which I was the first to answer, and then he went down the line of the youth and had to either wake them up or tap their shoulders to get them to look up from their phone, and had to repeat the question for every single one of them. Later, he was having two of the youth take turns reading, and the second they finished reading it mumbling as fast as they could, they would immediately start scrolling again. He had to ask them to lock in on a 5 second basis for the entire hour, it was so exhausting just watching it. People don't even look up from their phones to cross the street here.
I'm 10-0 in ping pong for the last 2 weeks. five of those are my companion, who unfortunately for him, was playing sting pong with me. He's got some welts haha.
I was complaining about how rare it is that we get to teach an actual lesson to my comp while we were walking to the library the other day, and not 10 minutes into my language study a random woman tapped on my shoulder and asked if we had time to go outside and introduce our beliefs to her. Talk about an assist from God holy.
Every transfer we do a teaching role play with our mission mom. This transfer, we were supposed to do the restoration with her, so when this lady asked us if we could "share a quick introduction of our church, how the church was formed, and what your basic beliefs are," I was thinking, "let's go! We are so practiced up right now." I thought my comp and I were about to take this perfect opportunity to give the most baller, perfectly structured 1st Lesson ever seen. Thinking we were on the same page, I looked over at my comp and gave him a "take it away

" nod, and bro immediately started with "

in 1820..." Which is basically the very end of the role play that we had practiced, so the whole concise and smooth thing immediately went out the window.
I got a shoutout in church from one of the members. She started quoting me in her talk from a video I had filmed for the mission Facebook a longgg time ago. I was confused cause I didn't know it was posted, but she told me after that the add had popped up randomly on YouTube haha.
I went on an exchange with my boy Elder Curtis and unfortunately every single person in Nonsan was super grumpy that night so it was kind of a lame exchange. Not a single person even let us finish saying hi before yelling at us lol. Finding in Korea. This guy was struggling to move a massive couch so we asked him if we could move it for him and he hit us with a "νμ§ λ§λΌ

κ°

κ°!!

" which is about the equivalent of "Oh piss off" in an English accent. Dunno who pooped his party.
And then to top it all off, one of the guys who blocked us after he asked for MY number... after approaching ME a few weeks ago was at the library.... I didn't see him until he was right in front of me, but all I did was say hi, give him a handshake, and then say have a good day before I walked away. About 6 hours later he texted me, for the first time ever, and said, "I don't have any interest in your religion. Do not approach me ever again." What part of my handshake put you in the waters of baptism brutha? Calm down, dangggg.
That being said, God has helped me get used to rejection so much. Back in the ol' Iksan days I used to absolutely crashhhhh out but now we just giggle and skip away when people overreact because it ain't us missing out on the good news.
Did some awesome member work this week and finally feel like the members are getting tight with us.
A grandpa on a roof played a few k-pop songs for us haha. Is that apostate if we are trying to teach him? Idk. We eventually were able to teach him a bit and get his number, super nice guy.
Spiritual Thought: Romans 1:16
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek." Don't be ashamed to share the gospel!
Current Weight: 188.3
No comments:
Post a Comment