Not gonna lie we haven't really had any success here in Nonsan really at all. We've been walking 3+ hours a day in 105° heat with 85% humidity with little to no success whatesoever. At district council I was talking to my dawg Elder Coder and made a joke about how seemingly every time I have been about to quit missionary work because there's "no use," that that's precisely when God sends someone on the street who says, "Hey, can you guys summarize your beliefs to me in 2 minutes?
" To which Elder Coder agreed saying he's had a ton of those experiences as well. My comp and I took the hour bus ride back to our area from DC and about two minutes after we got off the bus a man came up to us and said, "Hey, can you guys summarize your beliefs to me in 2 minutes?
" A verbatim quote of what I had just said to Elder Coder an hour earlier. I had to try not to laugh as I taught him the first lesson right then and there. Since then, we've met with him twice and he is reading the Book of Mormon and taking the lessons. That same day we also got a member referral and a different gospel referral. Absolutely miracle packed day and gave us the boost we desperately needed.
" To which Elder Coder agreed saying he's had a ton of those experiences as well. My comp and I took the hour bus ride back to our area from DC and about two minutes after we got off the bus a man came up to us and said, "Hey, can you guys summarize your beliefs to me in 2 minutes?
" A verbatim quote of what I had just said to Elder Coder an hour earlier. I had to try not to laugh as I taught him the first lesson right then and there. Since then, we've met with him twice and he is reading the Book of Mormon and taking the lessons. That same day we also got a member referral and a different gospel referral. Absolutely miracle packed day and gave us the boost we desperately needed.We went with some members yesterday to take the sacrament to an old member who can't make it to church anymore. They brought a guitar out and asked me to play some hymns and we all sang some songs together. It was pretty fun and the spirit could be felt.
We stopped at a restaurant to eat and the woman working in the kitchen ran out to give us both sodas saying, "You guys work so hard!" Before running back into the kitchen. I felt a lot of love from that lady and even though she's not a member and probably doesn't want to hear our message, she still showed us so much love. It was very appreciate. We were dying. Sometimes when we try to talk to someone on the street, they'll yell at us, "I already believe in Jesus!!
" Which if true, has always confused me why they're mad at us. If you really believe in Him, wouldn't you be chill with people trying to do His commandment to "teach and baptise all nations"???
" Which if true, has always confused me why they're mad at us. If you really believe in Him, wouldn't you be chill with people trying to do His commandment to "teach and baptise all nations"??? Spiritual Thought: My brother and his wife had a new baby a few days ago and, not to brag, they named him after me
(They actually named him after the guy I'm named after, but please just go along with it for my sake.) Anyways, he's adorable, and the first photo I saw of him made me have kind of a moment fr. I thought, "dang he's like 100% pure and untainted, ain't even seen one Instagram reel yet." I'm just kinda yapping rn and don't know where I'm going with this but... I guess just remember that we are to become like little children. Not pooping our pants little children, but humble, submissive, and pure. Make sure that anything you're putting into your brain is for your benefit, and remember that repentance makes us clean without even leaving a scar. Love you all!
(They actually named him after the guy I'm named after, but please just go along with it for my sake.) Anyways, he's adorable, and the first photo I saw of him made me have kind of a moment fr. I thought, "dang he's like 100% pure and untainted, ain't even seen one Instagram reel yet." I'm just kinda yapping rn and don't know where I'm going with this but... I guess just remember that we are to become like little children. Not pooping our pants little children, but humble, submissive, and pure. Make sure that anything you're putting into your brain is for your benefit, and remember that repentance makes us clean without even leaving a scar. Love you all!

No comments:
Post a Comment