Sunday, August 9, 2026

US-KR-US-KR-US-KR 7/4/2026

 I did an exchange with my boy Elder Ko this week. I'm on an absolute generational run of bad luck in the 4-man + serving with a Korean department, so that was pretty fun to serve with a Korean for a whole 18-ish hours. If you've ever had a native comp, count your many blessings—I learned so much in one day. 

We set some pretty high goals and were able to hit all of them. We did a lot of teaching on the street and set up return appointments with 2 people. We were doing our daily planning and I paused to talk to a guy walking past us and now he's a teaching friend haha. Green dot before we even finished daily planning.

The spiders are back. They're everywhere and seem much more bound to ambush humans this year than last. In the church while teaching an English class over Zoom, a spider dropped right next to my comp's face and he about died. Not 20 minutes later while sitting in the clerk's office it happened again. A different spider dropped even closer to his head this time and my comp used his phone, which we were using to call a teaching friend at that very moment, to bat the little demon directly at me. As Elder Kearon said in his most recent talk, those offices are small. I was pinned against the wall and the demon's web was somehow attached to my chest, and he was flying down that line straight for me. Clutched up and he got curb-stomped though, so we're good.

We met some Canadians in the bus terminal, and I'm not sure if I've become a Korean or if they truly were just crazy loud, but I was lowkey getting embarrassed with how loud they were talking with us. Both of them were chomping on about 5 sticks of gum apiece too, and to top it all off, one guy was talking about how the Jews are all taking over the planet and that "the painter" (Hitler) was right. He was an absolute yapper—he almost made us miss our bus despite me telling him 10 times we had to leave.

Absolutely tragic that I'm not in the U.S. for the 250th, but hopefully I can fight off the Moser cancer-gene long enough to make it to the big 300th. Truly the most goated country in the world—go look at a list of the 100 most influential inventions and take note of where 95% of them were made (we also have a flag on the moon and a helicopter on Mars) What a privilege it was to grow up there, in the best state of the union nonetheless.

Ether 2:12

"Behold, this is a choice land, and whatsoever nation shall possess it shall be free from bondage, and from captivity, and from all other nations under heaven, if they will but serve the God of the land, who is Jesus Christ, who hath been manifested by the things which we have written."

The greatness of America comes from God, make no mistake about it. And if anyone tries to tell you that the Constitution and laws of the land aren't inspired or Christian in nature, yeah, go ahead and ignore that joint.  Anyways, make sure not to rebel against God because there are a lot of verses in the BoM that explain what would happen there too.

Happy 4th! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Erm 혹시 8/2/2026

  Not gonna lie we haven't really had any success here in Nonsan really at all. We've been walking 3+ hours a day in 105° heat with ...