Quick shoutout to all of my MTC sisters (and Elder Kofoed and Kayden Parsons my absolute dawgs) who finished their missions last week! 수고하셨습니다 and I hope you all made it home safely.
Y'all timed going home extremelyyy well. Korea was absolutely pummeled by rain for the first part of the week and then the last few days have felt like an absolute furnace. Everybody has been seeking shelter from the heat inside and there's almost nobody out anymore. If you try to talk to anybody they just tell you they ain't stopping till they get inside, so... finding has been a bit hard this week.
Elder Auguste got transferred and it turns out that he actually has MORE luggage than he did in Iksan. Most missionaries sacrifice a portion of their previous lives while on their mission, but he made sure to pack just about everything, piano included. On transfer day, I dragged one of his 100 pound suitcases (which had broken wheels) and a box full of stuff. Between the distance we had to travel and the zipper of his piano case exploding open, throwing all of the random trinkets and fruits he had shoved in it onto the street (this happened twice), our journey to the train station took over an hour. We were sweating like dogs. The symbolism was beautiful though, it was like our own Via Dolorosa, walking through the people and everything. Good to know I still got that endure to the end DAWG in me though, that was a nonstop grind! I just hope that President makes him transfer by himself someday because I told him he's gotta get rid of at least two suitcases when we lived in iksan but bro didn't listen. He's gonna be absolutely cooked if he ever goes by himself. He keeps lucking out somehow. RIP to all of his future comps on transfer day lol.
My new comp is Elder Galligao and he's from the Philippines. He's pretty awesome and we've done a lot of laughing already. Pretty good at Korean too, so we've been able to use a lot more korean in the house. Poor guy came from Namwon (banishment) straight to Nonsan (banishment). Have MERCY on my boy.
I told him that finding is pretty hard in Nonsan, but that we'll still see miracles. So we went outside and the first person I talked with took a Book of Mormon. Then we went and talked to some students and while we were talking somebody in a car drove passed and yelled, "느냥 가!" at the students, which means "just go!" Lowkey was hard not to crash out at that guy, especially when he got stopped in a traffic jam down the road and I had to fight deamonnnns not to jump through his window lol. Jesus told me to love everybody
Elder Galligao asked me, with fear in his voice, "does that happen often?"
Elder Galligao asked me, with fear in his voice, "does that happen often?" We got two new friends to ping pong night and one new friend to English class. We also did a lesson with one of them, but he's from Russia so sometimes the language barrier was kind of difficult to get through. Awesome guy though. I did NOT expect to have so many interactions with foreigners in Korea but it's unironically like 40% of what we do haha. I wish I had started studying Russian in the MTC.
Spiritual Thought: "If the church weren't true, the missionary program would have destroyed it a long time ago."
Not gonna lie, my testimony of this quote is almost as strong as any other testimony I have. We are so insufficient for what we're doing out here and so many dumb decisions are made, but the work keeps going and God enables the weak.
Love you all! Have a good week.



No comments:
Post a Comment